在此时的痛点到来之前,你都可以转动钥匙,抽身离开。
Up until this sore minute, you could turn the key, pivot away.
但现在我掌握着全部的机关
But mine is the only medicine now
无论你去往哪里,追随何人。
wherever you go or follow.
过去是如此遥远,但它在闪光,
The past is so far away, but it flickers,
之后分开黑夜。往昔岁月的
then cleaves the night. The bones
遗骨在我们齿间破裂。
of the past splinter between our teeth.
这是我们的生活,我们的爱。我怎么会
This is our life, love. Why did I think
觉得它无关紧要胜似如此多的
it would be anything less than too much
凡俗琐事?我知道你会记得在那间
of everything? I know you remember that cheap motel
海边的汽车旅馆,我们一起喝红酒,
on the coast where we drank red wine,
大海像太阳一样闪烁着它的金鳞
the sea flashing its gold scales as sun
浸透我们的皮肤。你说,这一定是
soaked our skin. You said, This must be
人们会说“我现在死而无憾”
what people mean when they say
的时刻。而现在
I could die now. Now
我们比起那时
we’re so much closer
更接近于死亡。
to death than we were then. Who isn’t crushed,
谁没有被一只笨拙的脚跟
stubbed out beneath a clumsy heel?
踩踏得遍体鳞伤?
Who hasn’t stood at the open window,
谁没有站在敞开的窗边,
sleepless, for the solace of the damp air?
在安抚人心的潮湿空气中无眠?
I had to get old to carry both buckets
我不得不担起肩头
yoked on my shoulders. Sweet
年龄带来的两桶水——
and bitter waters I drink from.
岁月中我喝下的
Let me know you, ox you.
甜的水,苦的水。
I want your scent in my hair.
让我认识你,氧化你。
I want your jokes.
我想要我的头发里有你的气味。
Hang your kisses on all my branches, please.
我想听你说笑话。
Sink your fingers into the darkness of my fur.
请你在我所有的枝头挂满你的吻。
把你的手指沉入我毛皮的黑暗中。