Looking back, there were two journeys.
回头望去,有两段旅程。
One was filled with danger and death and despair,
一段充满了危险、死亡和绝望。
The other, adventure and wonder.
另一段则是冒险和奇迹。
I was on the latter.
我的旅程是后者。
And I loved it…
我喜欢它……
I didn’t know enough to know they would collide.
我不够了解,不知道它们会发生碰撞。
I didn’t know enough to know how cruel
我不够了解,不知道这个世界
and uncaring this world can be.
是多么残酷且无情。
The world doesn’t care if you die.
这个世界并不在意你的死活,
It won’t listen to your screams.
也不会听你的呼喊。
If you bleed on the ground, the ground will drink it.
如果你的血滴在地上,大地就喝下它,
It doesn’t care that you’re cut.
而不关心你是否受了伤。
I told myself when I meet God
我对自己说,见到上帝时
it will be the first thing I ask him:
要问他的第一件事:
Why make a world of such wonder then fill it with monsters?
为何要创造一个如此神奇的世界,却让它充斥着恶兽?
Why make flowers and then snakes to hide beneath them?
为何要创造出鲜花,却在花下面藏着毒蛇?
What purpose does the tornado serve?
创造出龙卷风又有什么作用?
Then it hit me:
突然我意识到:
He ain’t make it for us.
他并非为了我们而创造。
BY Taylor Sheridan